Montrose v Stranraer
Links Park Stadium, Montrose
Saturday 17th November 2018
Kick Off: 3.00pm
League 1 Table 2018/19
Montrose Football Club Ltd - Child Protection Policy
Child Protection Policy
MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
This document outlines the Scottish Football Association’s commitment to protecting children.
These guidelines are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters, which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB shall work in partnership with parents to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in football safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB.
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.