Forfar Athletic v Montrose
Station Park, Forfar
Saturday 27th April 2019
Kick Off: 3.00pm
League 1 Table 2018/19
IRN-BRU CUP ADMISSION PRICES
Admission prices for the second round Irn Bru Cup tie v Dumbarton on Saturday September 8th have been agreed.
Kick-off at the C&G Systems Stadium will be 3pm and prices are :
Adults - £10
Concessions - £5
U-12s - Free when accompanied by paying ADULT (1 Adult - 1 Child
CHARITY BINGO - THIS FRIDAY!
Our next Bingo night is being dedicated to raising funds for Cancer Research UK’s Relay for Life.
Please come along, have fun and support this worthy cause.
We'd like to say a huge thank you to Sernitech Ltd sponsors of the match ball for the game against East Fife on Saturday.
Stevie Ross of Sernitech was presented with a signed ball by club captain Paul Watson.
Thanks to all at Sernitech for the support and we hope to see you back in hospitality again soon!
NEW DOC KITTED OUT TO SAVE THE DAY AT LINKS PARKMontrose FC have appointed Gareth Strachan as their new Club Doctor and, thanks to a kind donation, he has already been kitted out for matchdays with the supply of a brand new medical bag.
Gareth, who is training to become a GP in Tayside was brought up in the town and so is very familiar with Links Park.
Gareth said, “I'm thrilled to be taking on the role of Club Doctor. Sports Medicine has always been an interest of mine and one I am keen to pursue further with Montrose. Off the back of the team's promotion last year there is a real sense of excitement around the club and I'm looking forward to being part of the team going forward."
As Gareth’s day job does not require him to carry a medical bag, the Club have provided him with a brand new kit, kindly sponsored by Co-Vice Chairman David Laing.
David added, “We are delighted to welcome Gareth to Links Park. It is an SFA Licencing requirement to have a Doctor on board, but with all the pressure on the NHS these days it is very difficult to find a qualified professional with the time and passion to commit to a provincial club like ours.
“We are very grateful to Gareth and look forward to him working closely with our physio and management team to help keep our players fighting fit.”
Our photo shows Gareth (right) receiving his new medical bag from David.
FREE LADBROKES BET WITH MATCHDAY PROGRAMME
Ladbrokes are pleased to offer a free £5 bet in the Matchday Programme for the game against East Fife
- £5 Free bet open for all 18+ customers.
- Free bet valid for all SPFL games.
- Free bet valid for 7 days from publication release date.
- Offer applicable to “printed” matchday programmes only
RED COMMEMORATIVE STRIP LAUNCH
Be sure to join us for this Saturday's game against East Fife FC for the official launch of our Championship Commemorative RED Strip.
To celebrate the team will make a rare home appearance in the new strip which will be available to buy from the club shop at 2pm.
Priority on the day will be given to those who have pre-ordered, and any remaining stock will be sold on a first come first served basis at the discretion of shop staff.
All sales on matchday will be CASH ONLY. Prices available from montrose.customkit.com
Once all pre orders are fulfilled the shirts will be readily available from the club shop.
Montrose Born. Montrose BRED
EAST FIFE HOSPITALITY
Last chance to grab yourselves a spot on Saturday as we take on East Fife FC at Links Park!
Join us, as we paint the town RED!
TRAVELLING SUPPORT INFO FOR STRANRAER MATCH
• There are a number of road works on the A77 and this could add about 15 minutes to your journey time.
• There is limited parking for away coaches in the vicinity of Stair Park and coaches may be directed to parking about 0.5 mile away from the park.
• Entry is by cash turnstiles which will be open at least one hour before Kick Off.
• Segregation will not be in place for this match, however a designated seated area is provided for away fans in the North Stand
• No Surfing Flags are allowed in the ground.
• Banners, or other articles which could, or might be used as a weapon, or to cause annoyance or unnecessary obstruction or offence, are not permitted within the ground.
• Flags on 1.2 metre canes are allowed and any large Flags, which must be fire retardant, can be displayed in unoccupied areas of the ground at the discretion of the Safety Officer.
• Stair Park is a no smoking stadium in the stands and enclosed areas.
• There is no policy on the use of E-cigarettes.
• Continual standing in the seated areas is not permitted.
• Any use of flares will be treated as a serious incident.
• Large flags which are permitted can be placed in unoccupied areas only at the discretion of the Safety Officer.
• All persons entering Stair Park are admitted subject to the condition that they may be required to submit to search to prevent prohibited articles being brought into the ground which might be used to cause injury or damage to other persons or property.
• Further ground regulations can be found on the Stranraer Football Club website.
• The ‘ Fitba’ Bar is about 1 mile from Stair Park in the town centre.
PETRIE STRENGTHENS DEFENCE WITH TALENTED YOUNG DON
Montrose FC have signed the highly rated Ryan Harrington on loan from Aberdeen FC until the end of the season.
Gable Endies Boss Stewart Petrie has been chasing the talented youngster for a number of week's as he looked to fill the vacant right back slot in his defence.
The 19-year-old joined Paul Sheerin’s young Dons last summer having moved north from Everton and featured in the Pittodrie Colts IRN BRU Cup tie recently against Raith Rovers as well as making the bench for the Reds first team Premiership games against Rangers and Dundee.
Originally from Wrexham in North Wales, Ryan joined Everton's Academy at the age of 11, signing professional forms at Goodson in 2015 and represented his country at Youth Level.
Petrie said, “I am delighted to have finally got Ryan’s deal over the line. We don’t have a natural right back so he will be a great asset for us and he comes highly recommended.”
Harrington will go straight into the Mighty Mo squad for their away trip to Stranraer at the weekend.
EAST FIFE HOSPITALITY
Join us for a grand day out next Saturday as we host East Fife FC at Links Park!
Remember hospitality for all Angus Derbies this season is SOLD OUT so make sure to book in for other matches soon!
WELL DONE WINKER!
Great to see our captain Paul Watson in the SPFL team of the week!
Well played skipper!
A GREAT DAY WITH LITTLE DRIBBLERSThe first team squad took time out this morning to join in with the Links Park Community Trust Saturday morning clubs, great fun had by all.
ANGUS DERBY HOSPITALITY SOLD OUT
We're absolutely thrilled to announce that Links Park matchday hospitality for all Angus Derby games this season is now SOLD OUT!
A huge thank you to our incredible supporters and sponsors.
Be sure to get in touch to book your day out soon - the fixtures are filling up fast!
MO FAN HITS THE RIVIERA
Mighty Mo' fan Graham Douglas made sure to show off his colours on a recent trip to the Alliance Riviera, home of OGC Nice .
Graham tells us he's now visited more than 20 grounds throughout Europe from Lisbon to Madrid to Budapest to Seville, and always makes sure he gets a snap of himself in a Montrose shirt.
Keep em' coming Graham!