Montrose v Dundee United
William Hill Scottish Cup
Links Park Stadium, Montrose
Saturday 19th January 2019
Kick Off: 3.00pm
League 1 Table 2018/19
Child Wellbeing & Protection
Child Protection Policy
MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
This document outlines the Scottish Football Association’s commitment to protecting children.
These guidelines are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone’s responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters, which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB shall work in partnership with parents to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities for them to take part in football safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within MONTROSE FOOTBALL CLUB.
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
Montrose Football Club Key Information
Links Park Stadium
Angus DD10 8QD
Telephone Number: 01674 673200
Facsimile: 01674 677311
Ticket Information: 01674 673200
Operations Manager: 01674 673200 / 07534 095988
PersonnelHonourary President: John F. Paton
Honourary Vice President: Malcolm J. Watters
Chairman: John Crawford
Vice Chairmen: David Laing, Pete Stuart
Secretary: Brian Petrie
Assistant Secretary: Andrew Stephen
Financial Director: Tom Murray
Directors: Andrew Stephen, John F Paton, Malcolm J. Watters, Alan Kenny, Brian Petrie, Tracy Park, Barry O'Neill, Peter Davidson
Company Secretary: Kenneth Bruce, Messrs T. Duncan & Co.
Operations Manager: Davey Byrne - 01674 673200 / 07534 095988
Manager: Stewart Petrie
Assistant Manager: Ross Campbell
First team Coach: Seán Dillon
Goalkeeping Coach: Jim Butter
Sports Scientist: Stuart MacFarlane
Club Scout: Ralph Henderson
Chartered Physiotherapist: Gemma Collier
Club Academy Under 18s Coaches: Paul Hunt, Scott Bridgewater, Colin Gibson
Club Academy Under 16s Coaches: Wayne Henderson, Adam McWilliam
Club Captain: Paul Watson
Groundsman/Kitman: Ron Marquis
Assistant Kitman: Robert Ogg
Supporters Liaison Officers: Kevin Watson, Stephen McCallum
Safety Officer: Alan Kenny
Stadium Announcer: Ross Thomson
Bar Licensee Holder: Anne Kenny
Chaplain: Ian Gray
Club Doctor: Dr Gareth Strachan
Website Administrator: Alex Longmuir
Matchday Media Team: Mark West, Stephen Dixon, Cory Gilchrist
Club Photographer: Mike McFarlane, Pheonix Photography
Club Ambassador: David Larter
Club Mascot: Monty Mole
Club Shop & Pitch Hire: Anne Kenny 07923 673775
Stadium InformationPitch Size: 113 x 70yds
Pitch Type: 3G Synthetic
Ground Capacity: 4,936
Seating Capacity: 1,338
Record Attendance: 8,983 (17/03/1973)
Travelling Supporters InformationRoutes: Take main A92 Coastal Road. Once in town, ground is well signposted. Situated in Mid-Links area.
Streetmap: Montrose FC at Streetmap.co.uk
Car Parking: Car Park at Ground & Street Parking
Coach Parking: Mid Links (5 mins from ground)
Nearest Railway Station: Western Road, Montrose (15 min walk)
Nearest Bus Station: High Street, Montrose (10 min walk)
Away Supporters' Entrances: No seggregation (Union Row Turnstyles when required)
Away Supporters' Sections: No Segregation unless otherwised stated
Disabled AccessWheelchairs: 5 spaces available in the Main Stand with ramp access
Disabled Toilets: 2 available in the Main Stand
Contact No: (+44) 01674 673200 (Bookings helpful)
Scottish Division Two Champions: 1984/5
SPFL League 2 Champions: 2017/18
Scottish Division Two Runners-up: 1990/91
Scottish Division Three Runners-up: 1994/95
Pyramid Playoff Winners: 2014/15
Scottish Cup: Quarter Finalists: 1973, 1976
League Cup: Semi Finalists: 1975/76
Forfarshire Cup: Winners - Ten Times
Qualifying Cup: 1921
RecordsYear Founded: 1879
Admitted to League: 1929
Ground: Links Park Stadium
Nickname: The Gable Endies
Biggest Ever Crowd: 8,983 v Dundee, Scottish Cup Third Round, March 17th 1973
Biggest Victory: 12-0 v Vale of Leithen, Scottish Cup Second Round, January 4th 1975
Biggest Defeat: 0-13 v Aberdeen, March 17, 1951
Consecutive Games Unbeaten: 15 in 1974/75
Most Capped Player: Alexander Keillor, 2 (6)
Most League Appearances: David Larter, 432
Most League Goals In Season: Brian Third, 28, Division II, 1972-73