CLUB 500


Read More & Join Today

Season 2019/20 In Pictures

Look Back Over Our League 1 Season

Season 19/20 Photos

Playing & Coaching Staff

Montrose FC People

Next Match


Match Details

......Montrose FC Main Sponsor

Montrose FC Partners

Next Match

Montrose v Unknown
Ladbrokes SPFL League 1

Final League 1 Table 2019/20

Team   P 
Raith Rovers
28 53
28 52
28 48
28 47
East Fife
28 38
28 34
27 26
Forfar Athletic
28 24
27 16


Montrose 2 Clyde 0

Montrose rose to third in the table after picking up their second home win on the trot with a 2-0 win over Clyde.

The Gable Endies left it late to secure the three points with goals from Graham Webster and Gary Fraser coming within the final 15 minutes.

Montrose took their first opportunity 13 minutes in when a Paul Watson shot from inside the box was palmed away by John Gibson for Ross Campbell to hit the woodwork on the rebound.

Sean Higgins fired high and wide from deep on the left for Clyde just before the 20 minute mark. Two minutes later David Marsh headed straight to Montrose keeper Jordan Millar.

Clyde continued to press with Scott Ferguson forcing a corner that was taken by Chris Mitchell who fired into the box to be nodded over by Chris Smith.

On the half hour Bolochoweckyj picked up a booking for Clyde for a foul on Ross Campbell. Ross McCord stepped up to take the free kick that Graham Webser played back across goal to Gary Fraser whose shot was tipped past the post by Gibson.

In the closing stages of the half Webster fired over the bar from 20 yards while an Archie Campbell effort from just outside the box went straight to the Montrose keeper.

Montrose were awarded a penalty early in the half when Bolochoweckyj brought down McCord in the box. Gable Endies skipper Paul Watson stepped up to take the shot that was palmed safe by Gibson.

Just after the hour, Campbell sent the ball well over the bar from the centre of the box.

A Ferguson long range effort sailed over the bar in a good opportunity for the visitors.

With just under 20 minutes to go Scott McLaughlin fired a Clyde free kick well over the bar.

Montrose eventually broke the deadlock in the 77th minute when Webster lashed in a left-footed effort from the edge of the box.

Minutes later Fraser's long low ball from outside the box shot straight past Gibson to make it 2-0.

With Clyde desperate to claw back a goal a Marsh effort from the centre of the box in the closing minutes was saved well by Millar. Bolochoweckyj was next to send the ball past the post.

Montrose boss Paul Hegarty said: “We got a great goal from Webby, you’ve got to give him a lot of credit for being brave enough to take a shot from the edge of the box. The keeper had no chance.

“Then in the second goal, Gary Fraser did really well to get it on target. It had a couple of bounces and it was a difficult one to take.

“He maybe took it a little bit early and surprised the goalkeeper and it ended up in the back of the net which we’re really delighted about.”

Sarah McLean


Contact Us

Links Park Stadium

Wellington Street
Angus DD10 8QD

Tel: 01674 673200

Fax: 01674 677311
Operations Manager: 01674 673200