Season 2018/19 In Pictures

Look Back Over Our League 1 Season

Season 18/19 Photos

Playing & Coaching Staff

Montrose FC People

Next Match

Montrose v Formartine United

Match Details

Season Tickets


Read More

Buy Now


  NEW HOME KIT AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW Our new online clubshop is now OPEN thanks to our friends at FOOTBALL NATION and you can pre - order our brand…


  BACK TO BACK BINGO WINS FOR ELIZABETH Elizabeth Stuart scooped the big prize of £120 at another busy Bingo last Friday, part of a massive pay out of almost…


  MAKING THE CASE FOR THE BEST PIE Thanks to all those who came along tonight to help us select the best tasting pie for the season ahead. Our volunteers…


  COACHING ROLE IN SAFE HANDS AS BULLOCK RETURNS TO LINKS PARK Tony Bullock has joined the management team of Montrose FC as Goalkeeping Coach, returning to the club where…


  LADIES DINNER We are delighted to announce our fabulous line up for what will be a brilliant evenings entertainment. Book your tickets today, either online or by contacting the…


  WIN BIG FOR SUMMER Tonight is the last Bingo before our summer break, so don’t miss the opportunity to bag some holiday cash!!!


  SEASON TICKET OFFER EXTENDED If you thought you’d missed out on our Early Bird offer then Don’t Worry, Be Happy as we have extended it until the 21st June.…


  REDMAN DEPARTS LP Jamie Redman has chosen not to renew his contract with the Club opting instead for a fresh challenge with League 2 newcomers Cove Rangers. Joining from…


  PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES Ahead of our competitive campaign we have arranged 3 warm ups against Highland League, League 2 and Championship opposition.


  ROSELEA TURN BLUE 2019-20!! Montrose Roselea have made a decision to revert to a Royal Blue home strip for the coming season whilst retaining the traditional all Green for…
Next Match

Montrose v Formartine United
Pre-Season Friendly
Links Park Stadium, Montrose
Kick Off: 3.00pm

Final League 1 Table 2018/19

Team   P 
36 70
Forfar Athletic
36 63
Raith Rovers
36 60
36 51
Dumbarton 36 46
East Fife
36 46
36 42
36 37
Brechin City
36 36


Montrose 0 St Johnstone 1

Montrose Football Club retained top spot in Group B of the Betfred Cup despite going down to Premiership St Johnstone at Links Park on Saturday.

It was the Perth’s side first visit to Montrose since 23rd February 1988  when the Saints with Montrose goalkeeping coach Jim Butter in goal won 1 – 0 thanks to a header from Michael Smith.

In the end it was a goal from new signing Tony Watt that gave the visitors all three points in what was at times a feisty encounter.

Montrose had chances late on through Allan and Fotheringham but just couldn’t find a way past the stubborn visiting defence.

Montrose made five changes from the side that defeated with Matty Allan, Paul Watson, Martin Rennie, Craig Johnston and Patrick Cregg, making his debut after suspension replacing Ferguson, Masson, Skelly, Cavanagh and Ross Campbell.

There was an excellent crowd of 1160 inside Links Park for kick off.

Saints new signing Tony Watt had the first chance of the match in the 8th minute but he could only shoot high and wide.

Eight minutes later Patrick Cregg on his Montrose debut picked up a booking against his former club for a foul on Drey Wright.

In the 18th minute Michael Bolochoweckyj picked up a booking for an off the ball foul on Liam Craig. The Saints midfielder didn’t like it and there tussles became a feature of the first period.

Play was held up after a clash of heads between Rennie and the visitors Richard Foster.

With 32 minutes gone a cross from Fotheringham found Martin Rennie inside the area but he could only head straight at Zander Clark.

Three minutes later the Premiership side took the lead when Scott Tanser crossed from the right and ex Celtic striker Tony Watt rose above the home defence to send a bullet of a header into the bottom corner.

With three minutes of the first half remaining Montrose won a free kick in a dangerous position when Rennie was fouled just outside the box. Iain Campbell whipped in the free kick the ball found its way to Paul Watson but his effort was blocked for a corner kick.

From this Montrose won a further two corner kicks and from the third taken by Campbell, Bolochoweckyj sent a bullet of a header past the near post.

Montrose restarted the second half with Ryan Ferguson on in place of Bolochoweckyj.

In the 48th minute Craig Johnston fed the ball off to his strike partner Rennie but he just couldn’t find the space to get in his shot.

Captain Paul Watson became the third Montrose player to be booked when he jumped with Murray Davidson and was adjudged to have raised his arm.

In the next minute St Johnstone’s Blair Alston shot wide from a good position.

With 53 minutes gone Paul Watson was replaced by Danny Cavanagh.

Wright went on a good run for the visitors but he could only shoot into the side netting.

Saints captain Liam Craig then lined up a great strike but Millar was equal to the task and he pushed the ball wide.

On the hour mark St Johnstone won a free kick on the edge of the box after Iain Campbell fouled Alston. The free kick was taken by Tanser who curled his effort over.

In the 63rd minute St Johnstone made their first switch with goalscorer Tony Watt being replaced by Stefan Scougall.

With 17 minutes remaining Jordan Millar kept Montrose in the match with a tremendous point blank range save from David McMillan as he looked set to sweep the ball home from inside the six yard box.

Two minutes later both sides made a switch Montrose bringing on assistant boss Ross Campbell for Patrick Cregg. While the visitors brought on Callum Hendry for McMillan.

Things continued to hot up as Saints went for the killer goal with a fantastic cross from Foster finding the head of the substitute Hendry but again Millar in the home goal was equal to the task and kept the ball out.

Montrose weren’t out of things and Craig Johnston got on the end of a Steeves long throw and turned and shot wide of Clark’s goal.

In the 82nd minute Montrose came so close to an equaliser. Ross Campbell won a corner kick which his brother Iain took. The ball found its way back to Ross who hooked the ball across for Matty Allan who could only head onto and over the crossbar from close range.

With one minute of the match remaining the Gable Endies came even closer. This time after some great passing the ball found its way to Martyn Fotheringham some 30 yards out. The midfielder could not have hit the ball any sweeter; it beat Clark all ends up only to smack off the crossbar before being cleared.

Any with that went the home side’s chance of gaining something from a match they had put a lot into.

They remain top of the table with their final match to come at Station Park on Wednesday night with an Angus derby against Forfar Athletic.

Team Lineups & Stats


Betfred Cup
Group B

Saturday 21stJuly 2018

21 Jordan Millar
1 Alexander Clark
4 Matty Allan
3 Scott Tanser
3 Andrew Steeves 4 Blair Alston
6 Martyn Fotheringham
7 Drey Wright
14 Seán Dillon 8 Murray Davidson
5 Michael Bolochoweckj (s45)
15 Jason Kerr
18 Iain Campbell
16 David McMillan (s77)
8 Paul Watson (s55)
19 Richard Foster
9 Martin Rennie
23 Liam Gordon
16 Craig Johnston
26 Liam Craig
22 Patrick Cregg (s76)
32 Anthony Watt (s67)
10 Ross Campbell (s76)
6 Steven Anderson
15 Danny Cavanagh (s55)
10 David Wotherspoon
11 Ryan Ferguson (s45)
14 Aaron Comrie
2 Terry Masson
20 Kyle McClean
24 Josh Skelly
21 Stefan Scougall (s67)
7 Graham Webster 22 Calum Hendry (s77)
1 Allan Fleming 30 Mark Hurst

Barry Cook

Assistant Referees:
Michael Banks, Chris Phillips

St Johnstone - Anthony Watt (34)

Yellow Cards:
Montrose - Patrick Cregg (16), Michael Bolochoweckyj (19), Paul Watson (50)

Red Cards:


Season Tickets 2019/20

MFC Busines Club

MFC Summer Lunch


Contact Us

Links Park Stadium

Wellington Street
Angus DD10 8QD

Tel: 01674 673200

Fax: 01674 677311
Commercial Agent: 01674 673200