- Published: Monday, 09 May 2022 12:18
MUCH TO BE PROUD OF AS A MO FAN!
Morning Mo fans – how was your weekend?
Despite the incredible disappointment and surreal events of Saturday, we should not lose sight of the many great things the most recent campaign has delivered on and off the pitch for our great Club. So to help restore spirits, here we go…
- We secured, for the sixth consecutive time, a finish in the top four across two divisions, a 4th consecutive play-off placing in League 1 and our highest league placing in 30 years.
- Incredible away form, losing only 4 games and conceding only 16 goals.
- Most notable away results were a 5-0 win at Clyde in October, a slender 1-0 key fixture against Queens Park on a difficult surface in February, topped off with our biggest ever win over Falkirk in April to secure top four.
- Graham Webster’s biggest ever goal return (16) in a Mo shirt in his 9 years at the club, a season in which he also made his 250th appearance, as did Andrew Steeves.
- Terry Masson passing 350 appearances and chasing down David Larter’s Club record.
- Ross Campbell, Sean Dillon and Allan Fleming passed 150 games and Lewis Milne made his 100th appearance.
- An amazing 4 Youth Academy players all featured against Alloa in our last game of the season.
- Stewart Petrie won Manager of the Month for October, his 6th such trophy since arriving and both he and Assistant Ross Campbell extended their contracts to 2025
And away from first team:
- We became the first Scottish Club to join the campaign for welcoming and equally respecting women in football.
- We actively supported and promoted the NHS Covid 19 vaccination roll-out, including making Links Park a pop-up-centre for both home and away fans against Dumbarton in August.
- We have supported the Ukraine disaster appeal through our Community Trusts link with EFDN which included the raising of £1,100 in a bucket collection at our game against East Fife in March.
And of course…
- Our women’s team lifted the SWF Championship North trophy in invisible style, gaining promotion to the SWPL 2, going undefeated throughout the whole campaign in the process.
So a HUGE thanks to all of you who have backed the boys every step of the way, particularly the huge travelling and incredibly vocal support on Saturday - you did us proud!
Have a great summer and we look forward to continuing our adventure when things kick off again in July.